Thursday, September 27, 2012

A is for Angelfish

Angelfish live in the Indian, Pacific and Atlantic oceans in shallow reefs.  They have flat bodies, long fins and small mouths.  They have a pattern that changes as they get older.  An angelfish may grow to be 6 inches long.

Angelfish can not move fast through water very well because their bodies are squashed like a pancake, but they can turn very quickly.

They are omnivores so they eat algae, zooplankton and small fish.

I think that angelfish are very pretty and wonderful!


3 comments:

  1. I think the angelfish is now my favorite fish. I had no idea they changed their pattern. Maybe you can do piranha fish for P?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I love fish!!! One day, perhaps you could do an A to Z of fish? There is a fish in America called a "Bass", lots of people try to catch Bass with wooden, plastic and metal lures that look just like little fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that angelfish patterns change as they get older! That's awesome! Thank you for teaching me that new fun fact! I'm looking forward to the rest of the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews